Monday, February 14, 2011

Back to School. Back to School, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.

So I started work last Thursday and am actually very glad to be back. It's nice to use my brain for something other than feeding a baby and remembering to do laundry and clean the house. Yuck.

Last weekend my Dad, Caleb, and I went to Georgia to visit my grandparents. My grandfather loved every minute of the visit. My grandmother is not doing too well and doesn't always remember who she's talking to or where she's at. But Caleb made her very happy. As my dad says, "Everyone always loves babies". Caleb did phenomenal on the plane ride there and back. Of course, it helped that I had a sling that both of my children absolutely loved. It's called the maya wrap (click on words for website) and it's the best baby item I ever bought. Caleb was pulled in super tight to me with it and could hear my heartbeat and breathing so it made him go to sleep instantly. So, as much as I would like to take credit for Caleb sleeping so much, I really have that sling to thank. We visited all my Georgia favorites and it was beautiful there. It was chilly but not snowy/slushy like it was in Dallas. I love Georgia. I really don't think there's a better place. I love the old homes, the pine trees, the weather, the food, and the people. The first time I brought Vincent to Georgia, he fell in love as well. Now we both want to move there. Although, unless my parents, brothers and sisters move there, we probably won't. But we definitely would love to. I do have pictures of Caleb and my grandpa but of course no pictures of the dimples.


















So Tristan has this new adorable thing he does now, which is dancing. Sometimes he looks like he's having a seizure but it's still funny. Well, anytime he hears music on the TV he immediately drops what he's doing and starts the convulsions. But then he figured out that he has a stuffed animal that makes music. It's one of those V-tech toys and if you have kids you know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty we have all the V-Tech toys. But this particular toy is a puppy dog that you can touch his ear and it says "ear", touch his hand and it says "hand", etc. But then there's a feature that if you hit the foot twice all those touchable areas play different music. It sometimes takes Tristan awhile to find the music option but when he does, he's in heaven. While I was gone Vincent got a video of it for me. He recorded it on his Ipod and I can't figure out how to transfer the video to my computer. Anyone know if you can transfer videos from your Ipod??  If I can't transfer, I will try and get another video of it when it happens again.

And I thought I was busy before.....try going to work, school, and taking care of 2 kids. It's awful. I have been exhausted non-stop. But I blogged. You're welcome ;)

No comments: