Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Point of Thanksgiving


This last Sunday we were on our way to church. Vincent and I were talking about the fact that we were going to have to dip into our savings to fix my car and put new tires on it as well. We had other plans for that money but by no means would it take it all away. Just a little dip in it but we were complaining about having to use it nonetheless for things that we didn't want to use it for.
Then, in church, our pastor handed out index cards to everyone. He asked everyone to write something that has happened in the last year that we are extremely grateful for on it. I racked my brain: Vincent's promotion, Caleb's healthy birth, the tons of food and clothing that we are blessed to be able to buy, or the vacations that we have gone on....there is a lot to be thankful for. After we wrote what we were thankful for, a speaker went to the stage to give a story. At that moment, we just happened to glance down at our neighbor's card by accident. His gratitude for an entire year's worth of things that have happened? His answer: 4 pairs of Wranglers. I started crying and could not stop for awhile. Vincent and I complained about having to spend extra money that we had available for something that we had to have done and were lucky enough to be able to afford. On top of that we have been really blessed this entire year but we obviously aren't grateful enough. This guy had, for the entire year, to be grateful that he got 4 pairs of Wranglers. Wow. It really puts your life in perspective. Think about that for Thanksgiving. Yeah, it's kind of deep.

Other than that, getting ready for Thanksgiving. I am making the entire meal myself this year and I'm actually quite excited about it. Oh, and did I mention....I'M GRADUATING??!!! Yep, it's official. I am actually going to get my MBA on December 18, 2011. Wow. Took me long enough. I can't believe it's almost over. I will actually have time to myself. I won't even know what to do with myself.


Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mama Ball said...

Love, love, love. Congrats to you!