Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Story of Us

So I wanted to tell everyone how Vincent and I met. I was working at Bank of Texas right when I got back from graduating school in Kentucky. I've never had a more terrible job but my parents gave me a deadline for finding a job so I just settled for this one. But I met this hilarious guy that worked there named Jeremy Yates. We quickly became good friends. Well a few months into work he tells me that one of his friends from high school was getting a job there as well. Jeremy said that I might think this guy was cute because most women did. Jeremy also told me that he'd be at this stupid meeting that I'd been trying to avoid for months but was being forced to go to.
Well the day of the meeting arrives and of course I'm late. I'm always late anyway but that job gave me extra motivation to be late because I hated it so much. After I walk in a good half hour late and the instructor gives me the third degree, I sit in the first available open seat. The meeting was supposed to last like 4 hours with breaks. My goal was to catch up on some much needed sleep. But behind me a really obnoxious guy kept shouting out really stupid comments. I was completely blown away that this guy was not utterly embarrassed about what was coming out of his mouth. When I come in contact with people like this I like to give them looks to let them know that they should probably be embarrassed. So I turned around to do so and sitting next to the obnoxious guy was a pretty boy with a stupid grin on his face. It completely threw me off guard that I couldn't even give obnoxious guy the look and I turned back around. About 30 minutes later I hear vomit of the mouth again and turned around to get serious and stupid grin was looking at me again. This went on for about 3 more times. Finally we had a break.
I got up to go get fresh air and stupid grin stopped me. "I'm Vincent." I was completely confused because I didn't remember the instructor telling us that we had to introduce ourselves to those around us. "Okay, well, I'm Carmelle." I kept moving and he stopped me again. "No, I'm Vincent." This time I was pissed. "Yeah, well, I got that the first time, buddy." And he still had that stupid grin on his face. "I'm Vincent, Jeremy's friend. He told me you would be here. Didn't he mention me?" And then it finally clicked. "Oh, yeah, but he said you were supposed to be good looking." The stupid grin finally went away.
Well I can honestly say that I was not attracted to Vincent when I first met him. He was cocky and it poured out in everything he said. But at times he could be really nice so I continued to be cordial towards him since he was Jeremy's friend. We'd hang out occasionally because I'd hang out with Jeremy and he'd be invited. Every time we talked, we'd argue. It was like the guy had to prove his point no matter the situation. And of course I had to insult him while he did it.
After being truly friends for about 6 months, something happened. One day I looked at him and he was hot. I thought something was wrong with me. I actually went home and took my temperature because I'd heard of high temperatures messing with your vision. No temperature. So I started being nice to him and getting to know him more. The more I talked to him, the more I realized that he was kind of a pansy in reality. Which was good because I hate cocky. I guess being a football player and being in a fraternity you're expected to not cry during chick flicks. But I loved it. And after about 2 months of dating we both knew we were meant to be together.
Why did it take him another year to propose? A good question because it was one that came up several times before he actually did. Vincent was determined to buy me the biggest ring that he could and at the time had enough to buy one from a candy machine. So he was going to save until he had the money to do so. Well after getting grilled from me and my family and friends he finally learned how to put something on a credit card. And then he proposed, which is similar to us meeting, in that it fits perfectly with our personalities.
---Carms


Our First Date

No comments: