Monday, December 22, 2008

15 weeks

Have you ever heard a pregnant woman, whether in real life or on TV, complain that she feels like "something has taken over her body and is sucking the life out of her"? That's exactly how I feel. How do I know what it feels like to have something take over my body? I don't know. All I know is something is not right. There's a new sheriff in town and it's not me. I feel like I'm always on the verge of getting sick yet I never get completely better. It's like my body makes sure that I can at least get by and that's all. I can definitely tell I'm not getting all the attention anymore. Now I understand when woman who have been pregnant before know right away when they are pregnant again. It's a very distinct feeling. Hard to explain but very distinct once you've felt it.

Also, Vincent and I found out the appointment for finding out the gender is January 14. So we have been trying all the old wives tricks and then some. I have done several of the Chinese gender calendars and half the time it's a girl and half the time it's a boy- so that didn't really work. I also did the necklace-over-the-belly and it came out a boy. I have yet to do the Drano test. This test involves testing my urine with Drano and seeing if it turns a different color. I don't know how I'm carrying my belly- I can't tell. I haven't been craving anything sweet or sour. I did have a dream, which was very real-like, that it was a girl. Vincent wants a girl and I want a boy so we'll see. If anyone has any other tests that they think might work, let me know and I'll try it out.....

Right now the baby is all about moving around. I should start feeling movements soon or the next couple of weeks. This week eyebrows and eyelashes form. Also, a fine hair, called lanugo, covers the baby's skin now but will fall out later. Eyes are still sealed shut but can now sense light. The baby might also start hiccuping this week. In a few weeks, I might be able to feel that as well.


Baby M is the size of a stick of a Kit Kat bar


pregnancy cartoon

1 comment:

Bling said...

I know exactly what you mean. When you start to feel the baby move it is so awesome. Everytime I would get in the bathtub Katie would move. The first time I took a bath after having Katie and there was no moving was weird.