Sunday, May 4, 2008

Awww, poor baby girl........

On Saturday Bailey had to get spayed because she was getting older and we don't want to deal with a dog in heat (it's not cool if you've ever had to deal with it). The good thing about the whole thing was that she was being so sweet and she was the most calm I've ever seen her. That and the whole entertainment value of her wearing the e-collar. The point of these cone-like things is to keep the dog from licking their sutures. They look hilarious in them. Plus while she had it on she couldn't see anything or smell anything except what was directly in front of her. So when she'd go outside she'd just smell one area of grass and leave her head down because she didn't know where else to go. I guess, to her, keeping her head down towards the grass kept her mind off the fact that she couldn't see anything, even if she wanted to. Plus, when she was first walking with it at first, she'd drag the bottom of the collar on the ground and that was funny to watch too.

I got video of her outside and pictures of her with it first on. I know I'm a terrible dog owner for laughing at her but I can't help it.....it's just too easy.


Looking scared.....

Aww, how sad

Trying to look abused.....

She wouldn't leave this spot for almost 30 minutes.....

In the kitchen, where she stayed for most of the day


1 comment:

Galen said...

haha, the pictures are funny. is that nate's TV and speakers?????