Can a dog fake an injury for attention? That's what we think our dog Bailey is doing. She developed a limp that only appears when she thinks we're looking at her. Then when she is playing with Lilly, amazingly enough, the limp is gone.
Yesterday we were outside when the neighbors came out. Bailey was fine but all of a sudden she pulls her "hurt" paw in the air and starts limping around. Our neighbor was like "Your poor dog, what happened to her?" After the neighbor said that, Bailey limped over to her and our neighbor proceeded to pet her. I couldn't believe it.
Then when we went inside Bailey started annoying Lilly, like she always does. Well, Lilly decided to whoop her butt right away to get her to stop. Well, Bailey was losing but still trying to fight when all of a sudden she limped away from the fight. I felt bad so I yelled at Lilly and then out of the corner of my eye I saw Bailey walking away triumphantly.....on all 4 legs--just fine! Unbelievable.
So I guess dogs can crave attention just like humans. Who would've thought???
Bailey's "hurt" paw in the air, next to Vincent-- looking for attention and a belly rub. It took forever to get this picture because everytime I took out the camera, she would put her paw down---almost like she knew she was getting caught at faking it........
No comments:
Post a Comment