Now for some venting (non-baby related).

My brother and sister-in-law drove to our house to go to the airport about a week and half ago. This happens with our family since we live maybe 10 minutes from the airport. It's really no hassle and it makes it easier for people going to the airport. They park in our visitor parking since it's across the street from our home. Mind you, the visitor parking that we pay for on a monthly basis towards our HOA (home owners association). Well, they parked there before they went to the airport and then I went to pick them up at the airport a week later. That's when we realized that the car was missing. Before assuming it was stolen I decided to check our HOA rules and regulations and see if there was anything about having cars towed. Nothing. I even went online and checked if there were updates to the regulations. Nothing. So my brother reported it stolen and found out that it was definitely towed. Now I'm pissed at this point. That's when we realized that the car was parked in front of a neighbor of ours that sucks- BIG TIME. They're old, retired and extremely nosy. These are the same people that were sitting outside on their porch one night when my dog Lilly got out of the house and ran straight to them. I yelled across the street to ask them to grab her and they yelled back that she should be on a leash. So I quickly explained that she got out of the house on accident and then the old woman shrugs and tells me that it's my problem and then proceeded to push Lilly away with her foot. Really???? Yeah, and during the day sometimes I see them walking around the neighborhood making notes about different houses that I'm assuming aren't following HOA guidelines.
Well, we call the towing company and they say it was towed due to abandonment. It was there a week. When they picked up the car at the tow yard the sticker on the car gave us 2 hours to move it.....!!! 2 hours??? We could've been eating dinner and not finished in that amount of time. So you can imagine that this situation got us all ticked off so by the time today rolled around, I was ready to have it out with our HOA. I called and asked about the situation. The lady said that someone reported the car being there for "awhile" and wanted it towed. Well after I asked her how she verified it was actually there "awhile" before she had it towed she then said that HOA regulations require that all registration stickers in the neighborhood have to be current. She said that the person who reported the car being there "awhile" also said that my brother's registration was outdated. My brother's registration was outdated but really???? Someone really had some time on their hands to inspect the stickers and also monitor the amount of time a car sat in visitor parking.
So we have come to the conclusion that it was the old people since the car was parked directly in front of their house and the window that they sit in front of to watch the neighborhood. So I did something I've never done before......I reported them for planting their own flowers in their flower bed. How is this possible, you ask, that someone can actually get in trouble for planting flowers? Only when you have a sucky HOA can a person report another person for planting beautiful flowers. That's right, folks. I reported my neighbor for planting flowers because according to HOA regulations only the HOA can decide what the landscape looks like and HOA deems that all houses in our community will have the same landscape. I feel like I've reached a new low but then again, who has their neighbor's car towed??? What a terrible thing to do to your fellow neighbor. I mean, really, was the car bothering them enough that they had to have it towed??? I don't want to start some sort of war with them but I do want them to know that just because they report things anonymously doesn't mean that karma isn't a b*tch. Hopefully they learn a lesson........
1 comment:
are the flowers gone?
-dano
Post a Comment