I just have to complain about men for one blog (no offense to Jake, my number 1 fan) but I really do wonder what's wrong with men (most, not all). Take my husband, Vincent. He has a degree from Baylor, and graduated top 15% of his high school. So you would assume a fairly smart man. Well, I question his intelligence on a daily basis.
For example, a few days I made dinner, chicken enchiladas. I sat down and he went back to get salsa. I was distracted watching TV so I didn't realize how long he had been standing in front of the fridge until I heard "We don't have salsa." Knowing that I had just bought some and that there is no way that the dogs would have devoured it, I said "No, it's there". Then came "Where?? It's no where to be seen!" I looked in the direction of the fridge (I had a clear view of the front) and I see the bottle of salsa sitting on the top shelf, all by itself. Unbelievable. I am amazed. I sit there waiting for him to see it. I even say "Wait for it......wait for it......". Nothing. He closes the door and turns around and then decides to sport a 'tude. "See. I told you there was no salsa", with his arms crossed like he was telling me what was up. WHAT? Is he retarded??? I calmly walk over and open the fridge and pull out the salsa and put it on the sink. This is what he says to me as I walk away, "Oh, it must've been hidden behind something." Yeah, that's it. This exact same scenario happens on a daily basis. So much so that I don't understand how he's not embarrassed about letting it happen again. You'd think he'd look really, really hard to make sure he's not taught yet another lesson by his wife.
I don't understand it. At some point men had to live on their own (before they got married) and they managed to find things, right??? How is it when they get married they suddenly lose any ability to find things on their own? Do they just become lazy? It doesn't seem like that with Vincent because he seems angry when he can't find something. Or is it that they need a replacement mother figure? I don't know what it is but I wish I could cure it! It drives women insane!!

No comments:
Post a Comment